BUILDING ON OUR BEST PRACTICES
We’re building on our longstanding cleanliness protocols and enhancing the existing program with guidance developed in response to the pandemic, including recommendations related to deep cleaning, disinfecting, hygiene and social distancing.
HEIGHTENED CLEANING PROTOCOLS
We’re providing heightened cleaning protocols for high-traffic areas such as the front desk, breakfast area, elevator lobbies, fitness center and pool, as well as other high-touch surfaces throughout the hotel by using hospital-grade disinfectant approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to combat the spread of COVID-19.
ECOLAB RESOURCES & INSIGHTS
Our approach to infection prevention includes a close association with Ecolab, who is helping ensure that we have the right infection prevention programs and training in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. This includes a new online resource hub available to franchisees, featuring operational best practices, training and resources from Ecolab's industry-leading experts.
- Furniture arrangements designed to encourage appropriate social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Housekeeping "on-demand" option that allows guests to request delivery of additional toiletries, towels, linens or coffee without having a housekeeper enter the room
- Changes in breakfast offerings, with many hotels that provide breakfast replacing their buffet with pre-packaged breakfast items
- Design enhancements to help facilitate contactless check-in and check-out, such as plexiglass partitions at front desks for added protection and key drops for guests' use upon departure
- "Clean seals" on certain high-touch items in guest rooms to provide reassurance of sterilized condition
- Personal protective equipment for hotel staff, including masks and gloves, to safeguard guests and employees
- Hand sanitizing stations located in high-traffic areas throughout the hotel